This is a question we get asked a lot at Smiles Centre, Swindon – will dentist put you to sleep?
The answer is yes, although, at Smiles Centre, we don’t currently offer this service, our dentists are able to provide a referral to local practice in Swindon who would be able to help. Please be aware that there are some very minimal risks involved with any sedation and there are alternatives that you could consider before commencing.
Risks of Sedation
- Respiratory depression or hypoventilation. This is essentially when the body does not receive enough oxygen.
- Nausea (feeling unwell or as though you might be sick).
- Hypoxia, which is the medical term for there being not enough oxygen reaching the blood or bodily tissues.
- Hyperactivity (inability to pay attention).
- Unintentional loss of consciousness
Alternatives to Sedation
I can refer you to a FREE 30 DAY PROGRAM to beat your fear of the dentist, this is an online program that you just follow for 30 days and it will help you to overcome your phobia in a natural way.
The other option is to ask our dentist to prescribe you some mild anti anxiety drugs which can help you relax at your appointments.
Everyone is different, so you must do what is right for you but as is always the case, it’s better that you have a full understanding of all your options. The best way to move forward is to discuss your options with one of our dentists and you could do this by taking advantage of our free meet and greet service.
I hope this helps you, as always, please comment if you have any questions
Stuart Miles, Smiles Centre