How Long Does Teeth Whitening Take?
POLANIGHT 16% AT HOME TEETH WHITENING KIT – Our at home teeth whitening kits are a very popular choice and a convenient way to fit around you and achieve great results.
If you like the sound and convenience of whitening your teeth while you sleep then Polanight is a fantastic choice for you with:
- Visible shade results within 1-2 weeks
- Wear time- Overnight or (3-4 hours during the day for maximum result)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO HAPPEN WHEN I CHOOSE A TEETH WHITENING HOME KIT THROUGH MY DENTIST.
It is a legal requirement for patients to see a dentist before using a home teeth whitening kit.
- First step involves a check up with the dentist to talk about what you want to achieve from the home whitening kit and to check you’re suitable.
- Second appointment – Impressions will be taken to customise your whitening trays.
- Third appointment (Approx one week after impressions were taken) to come back for the home whitening tray fitting. In this appointment patients will be shown ‘how to wear’ the trays and ‘how much gel to use’ (patch tests will need to be carried out for every patient to see if any reactions are caused from the gel) If no reaction occurs, patients will be given advice on foods to avoid during the whitening process. At the end of the appointment patients, present teeth shade and before digital photographs will be taken and recorded for reference purposes.
You can be assured you will leave the surgery with great knowledge and confidence on how to use the home teeth whitening kit and with everything you need to begin your journey with Polanight.
I hope we have answered your question – How Long Does Teeth Whitening Take?
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHITENING
- Use Polanight for 14 days as instructed by dentists
- Apply a small amount of whitening gel POLANIGHT 16% onto a dry whitening tray.
- Place the whitening trays into the mouth overnight or 3-4 hours during the day (Gel is only active for maximum up to 3-4 hours)
- Once you have reached the maximum time, rinse your mouth with a soft toothbrush and with your normal toothpaste.
- Sensitivity normally occurs on day three – use sensitive toothpaste either on your trays as you would with the whitening gel, or rub around the sensitive area.
- You must wait for at least 2 hours before you drink, eat or smoke and you can take any painkillers that you would normally take.
- For optimum results avoid smoking, or consuming food and drink which can stain teeth such as red wines, curry, tomato based sauces like spaghetti bolognese
WHITENING REVIEW PROCESS
After 2 weeks patients are encouraged to come back to see the dentists for a whitening review, this appointment will include:
- Another teeth shade and after digital photographs will be taken to compare with first images.
- Patients can discuss their results
If Patients are happy with their current shade results then they will be advised to top up every 3-6 months to maintain whiter teeth.
To get your hands on one of these MUST-HAVE Polanight 16% home whitening kits, the team at Smiles Centre would love to hear from you. Fill in the form to request a callback or give them a call.
I hope you enjoyed this blog – How Long Does Teeth Whitening Take?
Please take a minute to look at our YouTube channel
If you are interested the Polanight 16% home whitening kits, please get in touch with one of the friendly team at Smiles Centre by clicking on the link https://smilescentre.co.uk/teeth-whitening-at-smiles-centre-swindon/