When should I consider Dental Implants?
When should I consider dental Implants? – This one is a tough question, but hopefully here you will find out everything you need to know in making that decision easier for you.
Before you can decide whether:
1. Dental implants are right for you
2. When to consider them
you need yo know what dental implants are.
What are dental Implants?
Dental Implants are small Titanium posts that are surgically placed within the jawbone. These posts and your bone fuse together, making the Implant stable enough to support permanently placed false teeth, such as: Crowns, bridges and over dentures.
When to consider Dental Implants?
If you have missing teeth from an Injury, gum disease or tooth decay, or have dentures that are not fitting properly. Then maybe it is time to consider dental implants. Compared to other other treatments available when it comes to missing teeth, dental implants are an outstanding option.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Supports Jaw Health – Implants connect directly
- to the bone helping to preserve the strength and appearance of the jaw.
- Natural look and feel – Dental Implants will look and feel more natural. They will also feel normal when it comes to biting and chewing, making them a very popular option.
- Durable with a long lifespan – Dental Implants last longer than any other tooth restoration, including bridges and dentures.
How long do Dental Implants last?
If you look after your Implants well, with proper at home oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist, your implants should last for the rest of your life. This is why they are such a great long-term investment, I mean you can’t put a price on life long teeth.
How to care for Dental Implants?
Believe it or not dental implants require minimal special care. Just like normal teeth you just need to brush and floss regularly, along side regular dental check ups every 6 months.
If you have bridge implants or implant-supported dentures, these do require a little bit more upkeep but still very manageable.
Surgical process of Dental Implants
Getting your new Implants involves several steps in a team effort that includes your implant surgeon, restorative dentist and a dental lab.
Firstly, your implant surgeon will plan and implement the surgical placement of the Implants. This is a carefully planned procedure using information gathered through diagnostic tools and computer guidance. These implants set the foundations for the crown/s that will be placed by the dentist.
Next the dentist and dental lab work together to design, create and place the prosthesis over your implant/s – giving you teeth again!
– Is the procedure painful? – Like any surgery you will experience some discomfort but thankfully due to the new technology, any pain in minimal compared to past methods.
– Are there risks involved? – Like any surgery it does involve some risks but are reduced with treatment planning.
When should I consider getting Dental Implants?
If you’re considering Implants and would like to speak to a professional then please get in touch and book your free Dental Implants consultation today.
To find out more about us, please check out our YouTube. Why not hit that subscribe button while you’re there.